Chanterelle and Stilton Cheese Pie/Quiche (gluten free, low carb, high fat, grain free)
- 2.5 dl (1 cup) coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 100 g butter
- 1 tbsp psyllium seed husk
- 1 tsp salt
- 200 g chanterelles
- 1 small onion (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 100 g Stilton cheese
- 50 g shredded cheese (your favorite one)
- 3 eggs
- 2 dl (0.75 cup) heavy cream
- salt & pepper
- Put the oven on 175 degrees Celsius (350F).
- Melt the butter for the crust. Mix the eggs, coconut flour, psyllium and salt together with a fork, then add the melted butter.
- Grease a pie form with butter and push the crust dough into place, and pre-bake it in the oven for about 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, fry the chanterelles in some butter with the onion and garlic until they’re soft.
- Put them into the crust, top them with the Stilton and shredded cheeses.
- Whisk together the eggs and the heavy cream, put some salt and pepper in the mix and pour it into the crust, over the contents.
- Lower the oven to 160 degrees Celcius (320F) and bake for about 30 minutes until the filling has set.
- Serve with a green salad.