Dear Lyfebulb Community,
EXCITING NEWS: We have chosen the 10 finalists for our Innovation Challenge with UnitedHealth Group in Depression and Anxiety! Listed below, each of our Patient Entrepreneurs were selected because of their personal connection to Depression and/or Anxiety that inspired them to innovate in the mental health space to satisfy an unmet need in the patient community.
- Health Behavior Solutions, Jay Brown – Digital therapeutics company with apps aimed at improving health outcomes for individuals with mental health conditions
- Lief Therapeutics, Rohan Dixit – Smart patch that tracks and improves biomarkers of mental health
- Wellth, Matt Loper – Digital health company using behavioral economics to help motivate individuals to better manage their chronic conditions by building lasting, healthy habits
- Workit Health, Lisa McLaughlin – Telehealth addiction care company that provides medication assisted treatment and counseling by phone or web
- ForLikeMinds, Katherine Ponte – Online peer support community for people living with or supporting someone with mental illness, substance use, or stressful life events
- NeuraMetrix, Inc., Jan Samzelius – Non-invasive software technology that measures the inconsistency of Typing Cadence to aid in monitoring cognitive and motor functions of patients with CNS diseases and psychiatric disorders
- COMPASS for Courage, Dr. Ryan Stoll – Program using the best available evidence-based tools to support anxious youth to become more resilient, confident, and courageous
- NeuroQore, Dr. Mehran Talebinejad – Rapid 4-day treatment for major depressive disorder patients at imminent risk of suicide
- Timsle Inc, Quayce Thomas – Social accountability network designed to help people improve their health, with the support of friends and family
- SuperBetter, Keith Wakeman – Digital mental health and resilience app to improve the ability to stay strong, motivated and optimistic in the face of difficult obstacles
On our panel of judges, we are also excited to have:
- Mike Christy: Senior Vice President of Ventures for UnitedHealth Group Research & Development;
- Raja M. David, PsyD, ABPP, LP: Founder & Owner of the Minnesota Center for Collaborative/Therapeutic Assessment;
- Matt Kudish: Executive Director of the National Alliance on Mental Illness of New York City (NAMI-NYC);
- AnnMarie Otis: Patient Advocate and Lyfebulb Ambassador;
- Bethany Ranes, PhD.: Senior research scientist from UnitedHealth Group Research and Development who specializes in cognitive neuroscience and mental health; and
- Dennis Urbaniak: Chief Digital Officer of Havas Health & You and CEO of Havas Health Plus.
Click here to learn more about the 10 finalists as well as an overview of the Challenge.