Blueberries are an amazing fruit, both in terms of flavor and their incredible nutritional profile. They’re jam-packed with antioxidants – polyphenols, catechins, flavonols – along with lots of essential vitamins and nutrients.
Blueberries are actually rated at a 9,621 on the ORAC scale. The ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) measures the efficacy of a certain food or herb on preventing oxidation. This makes them one of the highest scoring foods in terms of antioxidants in the entire world.
Here are 10 Benefits of Blueberries, as backed by science.
1. Blueberries can fight against aging
2. Blueberries protect you from neurodegenerative disease
3. Blueberries can help fight cancer!
4. Blueberries have more antioxidants than any other food
5. Blueberries can reverse DNA damage
6. Blueberries can help increase your body’s insulin sensitivity.
7. Blueberries are a vast source of cardiovascular benefits
8. Blueberries have been shown to make your brain function better
9. Blueberries have a significant impact on blood sugar
10. Blueberries can help your eyes function better
To read more in-depth about each of the listed benefits above, and to learn four delicious blueberry recipes, click here.
Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram and Twitter (@Lyfebulb) and use the hashtag #EatWell to show us your healthy recipes!
To contribute a post to Lyfebulb please e-mail email@example.com