I consider medjool dates my best friend. Not only do they taste like candy, they satisfy my craving for chocolate. They are packed with bone strengthening-minerals, filled with triglyceride-lowering antioxidants. This recipe is key to helping curve my candy cravings.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup Dates
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Coconut
- 1 cup Almonds
- 2 tablespoons Cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Serving: 5 (3 bites per serving)
Average Calories per Serving: 250 calories
- Add the dates to the food processor and process until they have broken up and formed a ball if the consistency seems dry add ½ tbsp. at a time until desired consistency.
- Add the almonds, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, unsweetened coconut, and sea salt.
- Process until all parts are evenly blended and the mixture forms into a ball again.
- Remove mixture from the food processor and roll into roughly 15 bites
- If desired, roll each ball in the shredded coconut.
- Keep refrigerated