Think that burgers aren’t part of the Whole30 program? Guess again! This clean and crave-worthy burger recipe is the perfect high-protein post-workout supper — each five-ingredient burger offers a whopping 46 grams of protein per serving. In addition to removing sugar, dairy, alcohol, and legumes, the Whole30 eliminates all grains from your diet, so you won’t be serving up your patty on a traditional bun. Instead, opt for one of these vegetable bun recipes that keep the nutritional impact high and the carb count low.
- 1 pound ground meat (chilled in freezer for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Form into 3 equal-sized patties. Chill in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the patties to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper if desired and roast in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 145°F, about 15 minutes.
For the eggplant buns: Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Slice one…