Who needs bread? Sweet potato toast is all the rage these days, so let’s try it together for today’s breakfast.
- For cashew cream in tonight’s treat, cover 1/3 cup of cashews with at least an inch of water and soak for at least 1 hour, and up to 12 hours. If soaking for longer than an hour, store in the fridge.
- 1 medium sweet potato, sliced into 4 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced
- Pinch salt (optional)
- Pinch pepper (optional)
- Pinch paprika (optional)
- 1/2 a pear, sliced
- Brush 2 of the sweet potato slices lightly on both sides with the olive oil.
- Store the other half of the potato in an airtight container for use on Day 5.
- Toast the oiled sweet potato slices on high setting until sweet potato slices are soft and cooked through. Note, you may need to toast them 2-3 times.
- Layer the sweet potato slices with half an avocado, sliced, and 1 sliced hard-boiled egg. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika if desired.
- Serve with the sliced pear.
Protein: 9.091 grams
Carbohydrate: 31.7 grams
Dietary Fiber: 9.196 grams
Total Sugars: 13.4 grams
Total Fat: 20 grams
Saturated Fat: 3.732 grams
Sodium: 165.3 milligrams
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cooked buckwheat (left over from Day 1 dinner)
- 3 ounces of leftover chopped garlic mustard chicken (left over from Day 2 dinner)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped apple
- 2 collard leaves
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, and salt until combined.
- Add buckwheat, chopped chicken, pistachios, carrots, cucumber, and apple, and stir to incorporate dressing.
- Roll mixture up in 2 collard leaves, folding over both ends, then rolling like a burrito.
Protein: 27 grams