Dr. Hehenberger of Lyfebulb provides us with some key travel tips in this short video that are essential for diabetics and others with chronic disease. Some of her key tips include:
- Before traveling, do your research and find out where the nearest hospital or medical center is, relative to your hotel.
- Be sure to always pack your meds in your carry-on luggage.
- Inform your travel partner of your condition and also ask them to pack a spare supply of your meds just in case there are issues with your luggage.
- Make sure that you don’t let your insulin is stored in a suitable temperature and make sure not expose it to excess heat.
- Stay safe by taking necessary precautions and Enjoy Your Vacation!