Leek Gruyere Savory Cake
- 2 large leeks, washed and sliced into 1in rounds
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 100g gruyère, grated
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 120g low carb almond flour, sifted
- 1tsp baking powder, sifted
- 1 generous pinch paprika
- 1 tbsp picked thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 in spring form cake tin with grease proof paper.
- Boil the leek rounds in plenty of water until just tender, about 3-5 minutes. Drain and leave to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add the mustard and cheeses. Add the flour, baking powder, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add most of the cooked leeks to the cake mix and pour into the lined tin. Place the remaining leek rounds decoratively on top.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes until golden brown. It is done when a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
*This recipe was taken from The Guardian, but modified to be low-carb.